We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Clarification on Account Name rule at Endpoint level

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have an endpoint named ActiveDirectoryADM.
Initially I used the Advanced Config in Account Name rule and specified a set of SQL queries separated by ### in order to achieve uniqueness of Account Names.
Also, at the Security System level of this endpoint, I have marked Add Access and Remove Access workflows as auto approved
After this, I invoked the https://dev.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/api/v5/createrequest API in order to create an Account. The payload which I used is this :

{
"requesttype":"NEW",
"username":"<ANY_VALID_USERNAME>",
"endpoint":"ActiveDirectoryADM"
}

This API call resulted in a successful response and the generation of task of type New Account. But the Account Name was not as per the query which is specified in the Advanced Config of Account Name rule. Instead, the account name was the same as username.

I thought probably there is some mistake in the query, so I switched the Account Name rule back to Basic config and specified firstname as the account name and then again invoked the API with a different username. This time again the account name displayed in the task was username itself. Snapshot below :

varunpuri_1-1682442921157.png

Request your help here.

Best Regards,
Varun
[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

2 REPLIES 2

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

@varunpuri 

Below is the solution for your issue. Can you pass below in your body and recheck?

dgandhi_0-1682445428115.png

"accountnamefromrule": "true"

Below API for your reference:

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/SzzgAepY#fb56ec58-f993-41df-84cc-8106fb5fa5d8

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@dgandhi - Thank You, this worked.