Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Change Password Task for Disabled AccounT

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I'm trying to design a scenario where during re-hire event, we enable an inactive Active Directory account and reset the password using change password task.

During this event, their account is initially inactive. In testing, I'm seeing that the enable account task is generated, but the change password task is only generated if the AD account is already active, which will never be the case.

How can we generate a change password task for an inactive account? In AD (and most systems) you can reset a password for a disabled account, so this seems to be an acceptable scenario.

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

you can enable account and then using rule / actionable report you can do change password as a workaround. Please submit idea ticket for same

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I am going to do a Sav4Sav job because I need some way of indicating on each user if they have had the reset done already during their rehire event, so I will set a custom property that kicks off a user update rule to do the reset, which also be an indicator that they no longer need an additional reset to be completed.

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Sav4Sav job is how I will achieve this, but I opened an idea on the original request:

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4568

musthak_ahamad
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

i have the same requirement  below are the workaround that i did.

1.) created a update rule to trigger enable account task, update user task when status=1 and event =rehire.

2.) i already have a sav to sav job which runs and update cp65  as with "birthright" & " passwordEmail"

3.) once the rehire is synced enable account & update user task will trigger , enable account will enable the Ad account and Updated user task will update the cp65 with some string value.

4.) so on next 15 min if sav to sav runs then it will update cp65 as "passwordEmail" and change password task will trigger .