We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Chain Job does not trigger provisioning

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

We have implemented the following job chain to enforce the account creation order in different target systems.

JustSalva_0-1668522682904.png

Problem is that, when the chain executes, if there are no Office365 accounts to be provisioned the second provisioning job does not get executed.

How can we solve it? Both are multithreaded WSRETRYJOB.

Kind regards,

Matteo

10 REPLIES 10

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Matteo,

1) If you are using Endpoint based selection for WSRETRY Job, Try switching to Advanced Config - Query based WSRETRY JOB for Office365AccountProvisioning & OktaAccountProvisioning Triggers

2) To the maximum possible extent, recommend not to put the Provisioning triggers in the Trigger chain to get a better performance.  And Worst case if you still want to use it, Add your Provisioning Trigger as last entry in your trigger chain.

If it is possible to re-design, then try it in such a way to use a single separate Provisioning trigger, which will pick up only these two endpoints and setup a schedule for this.

Feel free to try out the recommendation and keep us posted.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rajesh, 

Thank you, I will try the first suggested option. 

Yes, we can possibly re-design the jobs to use a single provisioning trigger but I would still need to enforce the provisioning order on an endpoint-basis. Is it possible to do so with a single job? If yes, how?

Kind regards,

Matteo

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately using the advanced config, and then filtering the respective endpoints and task types there, did not solve the issue.

Are there other options to make the triggers work while still enforcing the provisioning order on an endpoint-basis?

Kind regards,

Matteo

what is reason for having 2 separate wsretry ? account creation dependency ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi,

yes, exactly, we have a dependency between two target applications that requires accounts to be created in a strict order (I'm aware this is not optimal, it's something we want to manage directly in Saviynt but that's not happening anytime soon).

Matteo

Advance query in wsretry should help

endpoint in (1,2)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I've tried it but no luck, just the first wsretry job is executed and the job chain remains in this status forever (no job end date)

JustSalva_0-1668792224770.png

Can you share adv query ss

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

and at.endpoint=4

and the same for the other jobs, changing the code. I've tested the jobs singularly and they execute correctly.

It seem running concurrent wsretry having issue

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak