Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Certification Revoke Task Email - Limit to one email per removed role

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello folks !

I would need some help over the following topic, and understand if the use case is achievable :

• Context : Creating a User Manager certification campaign to certify Enterprise Roles, Emergency Roles and Application Role
  • Use Case : When campaign is over and some roles are revoked, we want to notify the user that roles have been revoked. Note that if a role if a role contains multiple entitlements, we want to only have on email sent per Role (not per entitlement).
  • Configurations : In Certification campaign, we can insert "Revoke Task Email Template" but the available variables listed in the attached file do not contain roles, but entitlements (which are not relevant to end users).

Question : For each entitlement remove, we can get the associated role that was assigned using the variable : 

${tasks?.assignedFromRole}

However, how can we make sure that only one email per removed role (not per created task) is sent to end users ? 
Regards,
Adrien COSSON
Regards,
Adrien COSSON
7 REPLIES 7

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

Currently this is not supported, Also there is already an IDEA is in place for this EIC-I-4245, please upvote

As a workaround try using Task completion email instead of sending it from certification

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Saathvik,

Revoke Task Emails to be sent once the Certification is over is actually working.

The requirement that I want to achieve to limit the number of emails to be sent to end users. Currently it is being sent one per created task.

As one removed role can contain multiple entitlements, and that entitlements are not relevant to end users, it is better to have a single email per removed roles.

Also setting it in Task Completion email would not solve the use case as we would still need to find a way to limit these emails.

Hope that clarifies what is expected.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

@adriencosson : Yes I understood the ask you want to send single email instead of sending multiple emails that's exactly the IDEA is for, I know individual emails are working fine.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Saathvik : Then what would be the suggestion to be placed as condition when using Task Completion Email (if that is still doable ?)

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

@adriencosson : You are right even Task completion email might not help. Initially I thought using ${entitlementshtmltablerows} variable you can consolidate. But on second thought I realized even that will not help because these are individual tasks. 

We went through same issue and opened above mentioned IDEA. But let me check if have any workaround in place.

Regards,
Saathvik

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Did you checked all variables exposed in email template ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Saathvik, looking forward for your feedback.

@rushikeshvartak  I pasted below the list of available variables exposed in the same email template. Looking forward to get your ideas as well.

task = com.saviynt.ecm.task.ArsTasks : 231719
manager = USERID456
campaign = com.saviynt.ecm.campaign.domain.Campaign : 52
baseUrlForEmail = https://mytenant.saviyntcloud.com/
campaignOwnerAndTheirDelegateEmailList = adrien.cosson@mycompany.com
user = USERID123
secondarycertifier = 
requestor = admin
tasks = com.saviynt.ecm.task.ArsTasks : 231719
users = USERID123
Certification = com.saviynt.ecm.campaign.domain.Certification : 24249
out = java.io.PrintWriter@3e06f8f1
[task:com.saviynt.ecm.task.ArsTasks : 231719, manager:USERID456, campaign:com.saviynt.ecm.campaign.domain.Campaign : 52, baseUrlForEmail:https://loreal-dev.saviyntcloud.com/, campaignOwnerAndTheirDelegateEmailList:ilya.shabalin@loreal.com, user:USERID123, secondarycertifier:, requestor:admin, tasks:com.saviynt.ecm.task.ArsTasks : 231719, users:USERID123, Certification:com.saviynt.ecm.campaign.domain.Certification : 24249, out:java.io.PrintWriter@3e06f8f1] 
Regards,
Adrien COSSON