Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Can we use a filter in the ImportAccountEntJSON to import a certain type of accounts

Debankita
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Please let me know can I use a filter in ImportAccountEntJSON in order to import only a specific type og account in Saviynt from the target.

8 REPLIES 8

Manikanta_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Debankita ,

Yes, example for AD you can use the objectfilter to filter the accounts,

BJECTFILTER

Specify this parameter to filter objects for account and access import by expressing the query in the form of a logical
expression. You can use LDAP filters to filter and import specific objects.

Note: If you have not defined this parameter, the connector picks the default value, (objectclass=person) to complete the import successfully.

Example 1: To import all active accounts, use the format similar to the following: 

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

Example 2: To import all active accounts whose names start with letter 'a', use the format similar to the following: 

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=a*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

Example 3: To filter list of groups without members, use the format similar to the following: 

(&(objectClass=group)(!member=*))

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/43000615764-active-directory-ad-connecto...

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Manikanta.S

Debankita
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Manikanta_S ,

Is it applicable for Rest connector as well?

Hello @Debankita ,

While Objectfilter is not supported in Rest, you can make of use of Pagination or filter based on URL

example : "https://******.***.com/scim/v2/Users?startIndex=1&count=100&filter=userName%20co%20@

For pagination refer : https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000521736-rest-connector-guide#RESTConnec...

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Manikanta.S

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is feasible but which connector are you referring to ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Debankita
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak,

I am referring REST connector type. Actually, I want to for an application named Siebel I want to reconcile only the accounts who are not having the term "Inactive" in their usernames. Please let me know how I can achieve it

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does you application API support the filter you are requesting? If so, you can embed the filter in the URL as per the need in ImportAccountEntJSON.

-Siva

Debankita
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Siva,

No, the API does not support the filter part. 

Thanks,

Debankita

Please share API Link if its public.

if application does not provide filter then you need to use saviynt 4 saviynt to make inactive account disabled.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.