Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Binding Variables to get Certification Name and Certifier ID in CreateTicketJSON

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We are working on a use case, where we are using ServiceNow as a Ticketing system to deprovision access for a disconnected system.  

1. Upon running a campaign for a disconnected system,  Remove access tasks are generated for the disconnected system when certifier revokes the access.   

2. Remove Access tasks are then creating the Tickets in Servicenow with the basic details provided in the CreateTicketJSON  

We would like to pass the Campaign/Certification Name along with the certifier user name on the Ticket.   I see the arstasks table has source and sourceid,  but are there any comparable binding variables that I can use in the CreateTicketJSON to pass Campaign Name and the Certifier who revoked the access?

13 REPLIES 13

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

If this information stored under arstasks task details then you csn use else you cannot 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @RV 

Campaign name , Certifier name wont be stored in arstasks table directly as per my understanding.

But you can check the comments field in arstasks table where details about the campaign name and certifier name will be present .Also the reason will be present why the task got created (because of expiry or no action or locking)

You might have to do some string manipulation to extract this data from the comments field and pass it in your createTicket JSON.

Information in the COMMENTS field  of arstasks table will be stored like below 

dgandhi_0-1684791508252.png

Please check if this helps to meet your use case.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Are these binding variables exposed in CreateTicketJSON?  If so, what is the syntax for these?  Will that be $userAccount.lastCertifiedCampaignName ? 

• userAccount: userkey, accountkey, updateuser, lastCertifiedCampaignName, lastCertifiedCampaignDate, lastCertifiedUser.

RV_0-1684842764601.png

I don't think this will work as I haven't tried the same but have you tried the option of sending comments from arstasks table in your create ticket json as most of the information that you need is present in arstasks comment column.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@dgandhi It did not work.  when I tried to send "arsTasks.comments",   all existing binding variables also stopped substituting with the values.  Is arsTasks.comments case sensitive?

Hi @RV 

Try task.comments and see if it works

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks.  task.comments worked.

However the comments got replaced with ServiceNow Ticket details after running the provisioning job.   Is this expected behavior,  as we are losing the comments from certification after running the provisioning job ?

Thats expected in ticketing tool provision 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks @dgandhi and @rushikeshvartak .   Should I raise a bug as the binding variables are not working as per documentation ?

RV_0-1684958842555.png

Provide feedback on doc page on top right corner , share this forum link

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

As per my understanding this is not an issue. You wanted to use binding variables of arstasks.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I want to use binding variables listed in the documentation and they are not working as advertised.  Also,  in the past, I was able to access task date by using arsTasks.taskdate, but now to get comments, I had to use tasks.comments.    This is not documented clearly on the documentation.

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Done.