Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Banned words: Saviynt does not allow the word "Alert" in an entitlement property such as description

JennieS
New Contributor
New Contributor

Apparently you cannot have the word "alert" in any synced AzureAD entitlement property including entitlement description or customer property (and I think name as well).  It will sync the entitlement to Saviynt but then you cannot make updates to it in Saviynt as it will give you an error until the word "alert" is removed.  You also cannot perform an entitlement search with the word "alert".

I asked Saviynt support to share the other banned words so we can proactively deal with the issue and they told me to I had to post this question in this forum instead.  

Does any one else have the list of banned words for entitlements names, descriptions, other properties?  I couldn't locate support documentation around this but maybe I missed it.  

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

any scripting language codes should not be used in entitlement description or other field to avoid Cross-site Scripting attack (XSS) issue 

• Alert word in Entitlement description was causing EIC behaving in a wired way. After selecting the role in the request page it was getting disappeared and during approval process in the place of accept and reject it was written Access Denied due to XSS
  • If double quotes (") are used in the entitlement/role description it will cause error "Access Denied due to XSS" while approval or other inconsistent behaviors.  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

JennieS
New Contributor
New Contributor

To confirm,  we have to change any Azure or AD entitlement that has the word alert (not in quotes) in the name and description?

FWIW I can use the words “update table”, delete, “anything in quotes”, alter, script, etc but alert is prohibited.

What other words are not allowed?