Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Background Job to Delete Rulesets

abhinavbarla
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone,
There is an enhancement "Background Job to Delete Rulesets" in v23.12 which says "EIC implements a validation process to verify whether any SOD evaluation job trigger is currently in progress. If you attempt to delete a ruleset associated with an ongoing job trigger, EIC will display a validation message, alerting users to the ongoing job execution. Once the execution of the job is complete, EIC allows you to delete the ruleset by initiating a Ruleset Deletion Job (background job), which deletes the ruleset and its associated objects from EIC."

When we tried this enhancement in lower environments by creating a dummy ruleset and linking it to RiskSODEvaluation Job and ran the job.
When I went to delete the ruleset its shows the below message:

abhinavbarla_0-1715301811831.png

When i delink the ruleset from the Job its showing "Are you sure to delete ruleset". 
According to description after successful run of the job it should delete in background. That is not happening.
Please help me is this expected behavior according to description.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

It will create Job and which run in background delete. previously status of ruleset deletion was not tracking via job . only way was to check from logs.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Yes there will be a background job generated when we will delete ruleset. But I cannot find the Job details in Job control Panel.

You can't search system internal job under job control panel those are created adhoc once process is initiated 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.