Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Auto-provision an entitlement on one endpoint when user is provisioned to an entitlement on a differ

krecpond
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a requirement where a user's access to Box is authenticated by an AD group from one domain  (domain1) and authorized via AD groups on another domain (domain2).

When a user's access request to one or more AD groups in domain2 is approved and provisioned, the user must also get automatically provisioned to a given AD group (Group1) in domain1.

Any suggestions on how this can be done in Saviynt SaaS?

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use entitlement map concept under entitlement

You can also use "Entitlements With New Account" but if request is rejected still it will assign group that is issue.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I tried the entitlement map as a POC and it worked as expected. However, I have a question - Does this mean that the entitlement from Domain1 must be mapped to all the relevant entitlements in Domain2 that require the Domain1 entitlement?

For example - If Domain1 has dom1-ent1 entitlement and Domain2 has entitlements - dom2-ent1, dom2-ent2, dom2-ent3 and so on for Box, does every single entitlement of Domain2 need the mapping configured to dom1-ent1 of Domain1 endpoint?

Thanks,

Vijay Narayanan.

Yes You need to map all entitlements

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Is there an automated way of being able to bootstrapping this mapping?

You can use import sheet as this is one time activity

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Is there a format of the csv because I am unable to find one on FreshDesk?

rushikeshvartak_0-1660836597944.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

This is just the format of the mapped CSV. I cannot manully upload this for 600 entitlements on domain2. I am looking for a way to map the 600 entitlements on domain2 to the required entitlement on domain1. How will this CSV service the purpose?

Thats missing feature you need to go into individual entitlement and upload.

Freshdesk ticket #817622

otherwise use customquery which is not suggsted

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak