Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

ARS Business Justification for Entitlements always required

TimoR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

In Global Configuration under Request Settings, we have set "Business justification required (Request Level) to "None":

TimoR_0-1714637962486.png

But when we make an access request for an entitlement, we ALWAYS have to specifiy a business justification:

TimoR_1-1714638109557.png

These entitlements have "none" set for all these elements like Sox Critical, Sys Critical, Risk, Financial:

TimoR_2-1714638219996.png

Is there any setting that I am missing to not have to specifiy a business justification for ALL entitlements?

17 REPLIES 17

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@TimoR  can you check global config ->Request ->Default Business Justification for Add request

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

TimoR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The Default Business Justification for Add request is empty.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

As per : Configuring Requests (saviyntcloud.com)

The mentioned config should have worked.

I restarted my server and then ot worked.

Validated in 23.11 and v23.12

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

TimoR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried a restart, but I'm still required to give a business justification for each entitlement in the request.

v24.4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

In Global Configuration under Request Settings, we have set "Business justification required (Request Level) to "None": --> Change option to other and again revert to None. This can be issue with upgrade 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

I set it to "Comments required for each SOD Violation" and checked then, still required to put business justification for each entitlement.

Then I set it back to "None". Still the same, I need to give a business justification for all entitlements.

Are you referring to correct endpoints and entitlement configuration 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Can you please elaborate what you mean by "referring to correct endpoints and entitlement configuration"?

Does entitlement you requesting for endpoint vs entitlement open from admin is same?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Yes, they are the same entitlements, I made sure to check the endpoint is the correct one.

Is it issue with all apps or particular 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

It is an issue with all apps, I see it in different SAP systems as well as in Active Directory.

Please confirm product version

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Version 24.4

Share logs when request form step 2 is loaded.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

adarshk
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you please confirm if you have updated the configurations to recommended value and then restarted the services? 

You should not be prompted to provide business justification if global config ->Request ->Default Business Justification for Add request is set to None and the services are restarted. 

TimoR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

we found out what triggers this behaviour. If we enable "Provide Recommendations for Access Requests", then we always need to provide a business justification when we request an entitlement that has not been recommended.

TimoR_0-1716290651985.png

If we turn it off, Saviynt respects the setting "Business justification required (Request Level)" "None".