Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Archival is not successfully completed

Victor
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

I have noticed that despite having the Number of History to Keep configured, the reports are not archived properly and I see the message "Archival is pending. You will only see the data as per the 'Number of History to keep' setting once the archival is completed successfully."

I do not find any "archival days" to set under Global Configurations - Preferences as recommended in another post.

The current DefaultArchivalJobTrigger does not contain Analytics archive so I tried to create a new archival job with only the archive option Analytics archive but the job runs instantly and results in no archiving performed.

The debuglog doesn't show any errors or give me any clues
Any ideas what am I missing?

Some more info:
After creating a new Analytic report and configured the "Number of History to keep", any reports beyond the allowed, causes the oldest one to be automatically archived. So this part seems to be working.

But for the older and already created reports, their "Number of History to keep" is not being followed correctly and there are many more reports in the lists. How can I fix this?
8 REPLIES 8

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Victor ,

Greetings.

For older reports, is this something you're seeing recently or if you've been having this issue for long time.

Usually, if you keep the number as say 5, then for 6th run the the Run History details of the very first run will be deleted from SSM. You don't need a job for this as this is expected behavior.

However, if you want to archive and be able to see the data for future use, then you can run the archival job. Please find the below screenshot.Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 10.25.10 AM.png

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Reply to @pruthvi_t:
This is something seen apparently since the last upgrade in the end of May/June.

There are many reports that include many more reports listed that the configured under Number of History to Keep. In the case below, 124 reports despite being configured to have 10
Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 13.41.31.png

So, what is missing to trigger the Archival of the extra reports?
A separated  archive job I create, runs immediately and it is successfully but the reports remain with lists higher that the configured number of history to keep.
Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 13.45.32.png

I can see that the 1st ever DefaultArchivalJobTrigger failed when it was 1st introduced, could this be part of the problem?Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 13.37.02.png

Hi @Victor 

As for new Analytics its working fine, for older analytics when ever we change the date, the backend archive job executes automatically and archives the record, now if you are facing any issue on that, i would suggest you to raise a FD ticket and our team will have a look on what happend.

Thanks

Darshan

According to Saviynt response this is a real issue and will not get fixed in v5.5

FD ticket answer: "this is a known issue. The fix for this is present in the latest EIC version"

Ohh yes, i thought it is EIC

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Victor ,

Please feel free to provide your screenshot of what you're seeing when running the analytics and logs if any.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you check how many old report not set  Number of History to Keep configuration

select ANALYTICSNAME,NOOFHISTORYTOKEEP from analyticsconfiges

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Replay to @rushikeshvartak:
At the moment all analytic reports have NOOFHISTORYTOKEEP set
select ANALYTICSNAME,NOOFHISTORYTOKEEP from analyticsconfiges where NOOFHISTORYTOKEEP is null -> No data found