We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Approval emails are being skipped when the incoming email jobs gets stuck

BrahmamBilluri
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All , 

We have incoming approval job scheduled to process access request approvals every 5 mins.

we are observing from long time that the incoming email job is intermittently getting stuck and any approvals happened in that window are being skipped and during the next run those approvals are not being processed.

Although we have an FD with saviynt , just wanted to check any of you experienced this problem and have a workaround to reprocess those skipped approvals ?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

ideally Incoming job should be scheduled as every 2 hrs to avoid such instances any logs or email history table shows error in this case ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

2 hours wont work for us as we have business SLA's to meet for group management. I see the emails are being read but somehow its not able to propagate the same to ARS.

@rushikeshvartak  ,

can we setup any monitoring around job failures ? we have qrtz_fired_triggers in ootb but i dont see these are having any data.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @BrahmamBilluri,

Please reschedule the job to occur in 5 minutes to more so that it does not overlap.

For Ref: 
https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/job-control-panel/best-practices-for-jobs-trigger-management/ta-p/3640... 

Thanks,

I have already mentioned that is running every 5 mins. Do you mean the same ?

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @BrahmamBilluri,

I mean to say make that to reschedule the job for more than 5 minutes so that it doesn't overlap.

Thanks.

its not a overlapping problem ! job usually takes 5 secs