Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Analytics Report showing team members dynamically

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello we want to make an analytics report showing team members for all managers

Can we try query like below? 

select u.username,u.email

from users u,users u1

where u.manager = u1.usereky 

and u1.username = ${user.username} 

I am wondering if we can use "${user.username}" to show different result dynamically for each manager with same report. 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @ejeong 

Create run time analytics to find all the reportees for any given manager (based on user input)

dgandhi_0-1681869044948.png

dgandhi_1-1681869142299.png

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

can't we use ${user.username} ? should it be ${manager} ?

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use Analytics user context concept 

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/community-knowledge-base/how-to-use-user-context-concept-in-analytics-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Is this working in V5.5? i tried this but it's giving all records of report...

The query that I gave worked in Saviynt 5.5 SP3

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@dgandhi ok. Objective here is to show this report history to all manager. And they will see only their reportee.  I am trying with USERCONTEXT as well but no luck so far. Giving all rows..

Share screenshot of analytics config page 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

it works! I missed to select under Context

ejeong_0-1681945204843.png

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Are you logged in with ROLE_ADMIN SAV Role when you see all the rows? Have you tried to login with SAV role that is assigned to manager and see what is the behavior?

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@dgandhi  to make report history, i need to run from my end once, when try to run, it is asking me to value in manager field. But i dont want to give option to run report to managers. And report should be run on schedule

Pls explain more how you are using in your use case