We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Analytic to see when a user or account was made inactive

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We would like to know how we can determine when a user or an account was made inactive?

9 REPLIES 9

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @tmschiller ,

We have various OOTB analytics controls to get the list of terminated users, accounts etc., for an interval  for individual applications. Please try to see if you can make use of them and modify them as per your usecase.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Your reply was not helpful at all. I asked to know how we can determine exactly when a user (not an account) was made inactive. This means I want the exact date and time of when the status of a user in Saviynt was changed to something other than "Active". As an identity governance and administration tool, you would think this information would be easy to find, but nothing in your documentation states where to find this.

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

There is an enhacement request to be able to query historical data. I know its accepted by Saviynt. But we dont know yet when this will be released. 

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Wait, so there isn't any way for the end user to get this data currently? How is that possible? I would consider this to be a basic feature of ANY identity administration tool.

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well.. i am also one of Saviynt client looking for a feature to query user update history data. I also asked our CSM in which version it will be available recently. I will share that to you if i get any info. Or you can ask your CSM as well

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@tmschiller @ejeong  , apologies if my response isn't clear. There was a limitation for querying on identity's historical data as it was in BLOB format. However, from our latest version, you can query on the user history data through analytics.

Kindly refer to the below article from the product documentation

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter17-EIC-Analytics/Managing-An...

Thanks,

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to update the url.]

Regards,
Pruthvi

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Doesn't really solve my issue as we are not on v2022

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Seems like such a basic thing to have in an identity tool to know when a user was made inactive in the tool itself.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@tmschiller , For the older versions, we have a custom solution to use an external jar to read the blob data and make use of it in analytics. You can work with your CSM/TAM to check if it can be implemented in your case.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi