ALL option in dashboard dropdown is not showing accurate data - Can we just remove the ALL option

raja__m
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I  am using Elastic Search(ES) Pie chart for a dashboard and linked analytics to the dashboard.

Within my Analytics I have written a query in such a way that it populates the value for column named 'Timeframe' which will give the values as 'Last 7 days', 'Last 1 month', 'Last 3 Months'.

Here 'Last 7 days' records is a subset of 'Last 1 month' i.e., Whoever got onboarded in the past 7 days will also be part of Last 1 Month. So our analytics report contains 2 records for the same user with 2 different values within the column Timeframe(7 days,1 Month).

Problem -The ALL option in the dashboard is showing the total number of records in the analytics in which the same user is being counted multiple times as that record is part of 2 timeframes.

Now, I want to get the unique record count of the user from the analytics which i can use in Local Filter Query or to disable/remove the ALL option from the dashboard.

The dashboard Local Query, LocalFilter Query is mentioned below:

Local Query:

{
"analyticsConfig": "1541",
"fieldToGroup": "VPID",
"filterMap": {
"TIMEFRAME": ["${TIMEFRAME}"]
}
}

LocalFilter Query : 

{
"parameters": [{

"paramName": "TIMEFRAME",
"parentParam": "",
"label": "TIMEFRAME",
"type": "dropdown",
"dataType": "query",
"value": "select 'LAST 7 Days' as 'key', 'LAST 7 Days' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 1 Month' as 'key', 'LAST 1 Month' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 3 Months' as 'key', 'LAST 3 Months' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 6 Months' as 'key', 'LAST 6 Months' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 1 Year' as 'key', 'LAST 1 Year' as 'displayvalue' from dual"
}]
}

Thanks in advance,

Raja

9 REPLIES 9

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @raja__m 

The Analytics report itself contains duplicate records when we take it based on how you divided so when All is selected its a expected behavior that it will give the duplicate records.

When you use localfilter query instead of All. whats the data it is showing?

Thanks

Darshan

Hi Darshan,

Yes, As we have duplicates within our report it is showing inaccurate data in ALL. 
Other than ALL other options like Last 7 days, Last 1 Month.. is working fine and showing accurate results.

That is the reason i wanted to look for option to disable ALL.

Thanks,

Raja

Hi @raja__m 

Even with local filter query , All option is visible?

Thanks

Darshan

Yes, Eventhough i didn't mentioned ALL in the Local filter query it is showing ALL option.

If I tried to overwrite the default value of ALL by placing the key as "All" and value as "Last 1 Year" it is showing 2 ALL  {All-default,All-which we placed in query} in the dropdown.

Hi @raja__m 

Is it the default option as well or All, can you send me the screenshot of Dashboard you have configured and how's it shown

Thanks

Darshan

Hi @Darshanjain,

The customized ALL option is visible using the below Local Filter Query: Screenshot attached(Customized ALL)

{

"value": "select 'LAST 1 Month' as 'key', 'All' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 7 Days' as 'key', 'LAST 7 Days' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 1 Month' as 'key', 'LAST 1 Month' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 3 Months' as 'key', 'LAST 3 Months' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 6 Months' as 'key', 'LAST 6 Months' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 1 Year' as 'key', 'LAST 1 Year' as 'displayvalue' from dual"
}]
}

The default ALL is visible using the below Local Filter Query: Screenshot attached(Default ALL)

{

"value": "select 'LAST 7 Days' as 'key', 'LAST 7 Days' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 1 Month' as 'key', 'LAST 1 Month' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 3 Months' as 'key', 'LAST 3 Months' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 6 Months' as 'key', 'LAST 6 Months' as 'displayvalue' from dual union select 'LAST 1 Year' as 'key', 'LAST 1 Year' as 'displayvalue' from dual"
}]
}

Thanks,

Raja Muppanasetti

Hi @raja__m 

Can you attach the dashboard on how it is displayed, there will be option called default ( not all ) and that cannot be removed.

Thanks

Darshan

This is the Customised ALLraja__m_0-1693396994953.png

The default one looks like this 

raja__m_1-1693397043822.png

Thanks,

Raja Muppanasetti

Hi @raja__m 

As Discussed,

The All option is selected by default and show it for all dashboards. So if you are getting duplicates you may need to change the sql query so that there are no records coming for both values.

Thanks

Darshan