Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Adding entitlements conditionally in a technical rule?

yusufw
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I have a technical rule for the 'Joiner Process - New Employee Hire' use case. In the rule, an account is created in on-premises AD, enable remote mailbox is executed using the WinPS connector, and an Enterprise Role is assigned to the account.

How can I add entitlements for the user in AD based on the user's region? I'm asking because there's no conditions in the action section of a technical rule. And I want the entitlements to be added after the AD account is created. How do I do something like this:

if (user.region == 'Africa')
Assign Group::CN=Africa_Group,OU=Test,OU=COM
if (user.region == 'Canada' or user.region = 'America')
Assign Group::CN=NAs,OU=Test,OU=COM
if (user.region == 'Europe')
Assign Group::CN=Europe,OU=Test,OU=COM
2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Refer example 2 from below link

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431680-creating-technical-rules

Your region name should same as group then you can do below in action

${user.region},OU=Test,OU=com

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

Cant we have if else in technical rules to manage a bit complex use case where region name is not exactly same as user's reqion.
Example.: User's Location is New Delhi and group name is cn=NDLS,OU=Test,OU=com

Thanks