Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Add Access and Remove Access combined

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi Team,

I have a requirement, where when an add access and remove access items for a particular application is combined, the remove access should happen only after the add access is completed.

I know we can add task execution hierarchy for task sequence but, if the remove access is auto approved and add access goes through 2 level approvals (This is the requirement), then remove access task will be processed anyways.

Can someone please suggest if there is a way to tackle this? 

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

PremMahadikar
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

NM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @shivmano use serial workflow 

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak / @PremMahadikar  - The client requirement is that when there is a modify request, the remove access should be autoapproved and only the add access should go for approvals. Please can you let me know how this can be achieved using the XML modification. If you can share a sample WF that can accommodate this, that would be helpful 

You can achieve same follow KB article shared above

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak , I am trying to update the workflowhistory table as suggested in the KB article but unable to update the XML data. 

1. Set the status of this workflow in workflowhistory = 3.
  2. Update the xmldata col with this workflow.
  3. update ‘workflowhistory’ set WFLOADED=0 where WORKFLOWKEY = ;
  4. Saviynt UI approves the workload So that it is approved and loaded successfully

here is the enhanced query I am using for updating the XML data as I am unable to directly update the XML from UI but it does not seem to take the large xml data I am passing 

select
'<passing the complete xml data here>' as workflowhistory__XMLDATA,
WORKFLOWKEY as workflowhistory__primaryKey
from
workflowhistory
where
WORKFLOWKEY = 123

Is there any other way to update this? 

You can export workflow and reimport workflow using transport utility 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak