Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

AD Connector set account expires and logon denied in disable account and turn off for enable

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

Is it possible to set the active directory account expires to current date and login denied in the disableaccountjson for the AD connector? Similarly in the enableaccountjson would it be possible to change these to logon permitted and account never expires? If so what would the syntax look like?

Screenshots for reference

aundreb_0-1676468345258.png

aundreb_1-1676468365476.png

18 REPLIES 18

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In order to set the accountexpires as Current date you can use

${Calendar.getInstance().getTime().format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}Z

For login denied - can you try to pass the value as 0 and

for logon permitted try to pass the value as 1.

Regards,
Sahil

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Sahil,

Was the "Z" in your current date method there a typo? I ask because when I tried it I got the below error.

aundreb_0-1676647477019.png

Disable account JSON looks like the below

{
"userAccountControl": "514",
"description": "",
"accountExpires": "${Calendar.getInstance().getTime().format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}Z",
"logonHours": "00000000000000000000"
}

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Apologies for the typo, can you remove the Z and then validate.

Regards,
Sahil

"accountExpires": "${Calendar.getInstance().getTime().format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}"

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

So the account expires looks to work but I am getting a completely different date than the current date. See below screenshot. Is there another way to get current date in Saviynt in a way that Active Directory will view it as today's date?

aundreb_0-1676991228018.png

Also, the "logonHours": "00000000000000000000" doesn't seem to work for setting the value to logon denied. Does anyone know the correct way to set this attribute?

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Ideally the previous shared should have worked but can you try with the format ${(new Date()).format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}

And for logon hours, please try the value as '0'. Also, do ensure the attribute name for AD you are using is the correct one.

Regards,
Sahil

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

The logonHours is the correct name for the attribute in AD. Unfortunately 0 does not work as the value seems to require a Hexadecimal value. I tried "0000000000000000000000" , "000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000", and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" the base64 string representation as well which did not work.

aundreb_0-1677077923810.png

Not sure what else to try or if anyone else has gotten this to work from Saviynt end.

Getting the below error.

aundreb_1-1677078950027.png

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I have not used or seen anyone using this field before, unfortunately. But once the account is disabled the logon hours should not even matter as the User will not be able to login.

P.S: I hope the syntax to get the time format worked.

Regards,
Sahil

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

The time format is still giving the incorrect date for disabling.

aundreb_0-1677160992552.png

The reason my client wants the logonHours is so that if an account is enabled in Active Directory itself and not from ISIM the user still would not be able to login if login denied is set.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I checked this and currently setting the value for logonHours is not supported. 

Though this functionality is already in the future Road map. The product team would work on it and it would be available in next suitable release.

Regards,
Sahil

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thanks. Do you have any further details on the proper way to send accountExpires? I saw another thread that didn't get resolved someone trying the below.

"accountExpires": "${(Calendar.getInstance().getTime() + 11644473600000) * 10000 }"

but for me this threw the error 

{"log":"groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.Date.plus() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Long) values:

Thanks,

Aundre

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you confirm the app version you are testing on.

Regards,
Sahil

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

5.5 SP3

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

is it 3.11 or a lower version or any other.

Regards,
Sahil

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Its 3.16 now, as of this week I believe since the client upgraded. I can't remember what it was before but probably 3.11 or lower when I was testing it.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you try with this in that case (Z is included)

${Calendar.getInstance().getTime().format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}Z

${(new Date()).format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')} worked until 3.11 I believe and after that the New keyword was restricted to be used.

Post 3.11, ${Calendar.getInstance().getTime().format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}Z this worked for me.

Regards,
Sahil

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

This still didn't work for me. Error is below.

aundreb_0-1678112225825.png

My json looks like this. 

{
"userAccountControl": "514",
"description": "",
"accountExpires": "${Calendar.getInstance().getTime().format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}Z"
}

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

${Calendar.getInstance().getTime().format('yyyyMMddHHmmss')}Z  - this should have worked. In case it did not, can you create a ticket with support team to check further.

Regards,
Sahil