Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Active Directory, set AD password with random password set to FALSE.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

I'm having some issues setting a custom password following a password formula with randompassword set to FALSE. Initially I was using the userPassword property to set a custom password using the below code which still set a random password

"userPassword": "${user?.lastname.charAt(0).toUpperCase() + user?.lastname.charAt(1).toLowerCase() + user?.customproperty63 + user?.username.substring(user?.username.length() - 3) + user?.customproperty64.substring(user?.customproperty64.length() -2)}"

I switched to using UnicodePwd instead of userPassword, which worked partially. It translated the first part of my password formula that grabs the first two letters of a users lastname and translated into numbers. For example, what should have translated to Si15220418 came out as 17715220418.

"UnicodePwd": "${user?.lastname.charAt(0).toUpperCase() + user?.lastname.charAt(1).toLowerCase() + user?.customproperty63 + user?.username.substring(user?.username.length() - 3) + user?.customproperty64.substring(user?.customproperty64.length() -2)}"

Any solution to this?

Thanks,

Aundre

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you provide logic with examples what should be password

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Check the original post, logic and example is there.

"UnicodePwd": "${user?.lastname.substring(0, 1).toUpperCase() + user?.lastname.substring(1,2).toLowerCase() + user?.customproperty63 + user?.username.substring(user?.username.length() - 3) + user?.customproperty64.substring(user?.customproperty64.length() -2)}"

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Just change index for last name from (0,1) to (1,2) in the JSON shared by Rushi to match your logic

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

musthak_ahamad
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

is it working ..?