Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Active Directory Name Error

archita_95
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I have configured the AD connector with few attributes for account creation and at the time of provisioning it is throwing a "Name Error". Please find the attachment. Also attaching the account name rule and create account jsonAD_Create.PNG

CN=${user.firstname},OU=Users,OU=Location C,OU=GPO Testing, OU=IT,DC=XXX,DC=NET

ADError.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

It seems ou does not exist 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I have copied the OU from AD itself

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @archita_95,

If you are getting LDAP error code 32, it means that the server cannot find the object you are trying to access.
This error often comes with a message like "no such object" or "invalid DN syntax". However, it can also occur if the service account you are using to connect to the AD does not have sufficient privileges to access the object.

To resolve this issue, you should check the OU location and make sure that it is correct. You can then update the account name rule to reflect the correct location. Additionally, you should ensure that the service account you are using has the necessary permissions to access the object.

Thanks,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @archita_95,

Please ensure that the user account being created has a linked manager and that the manager's DN is valid. The account should be created in the correct DN and should be in active status.

Thanks,

Hi, I have tried account creation with active manager and valid manager's DN (which is active) but same error I am getting

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @archita_95 ,

can you please share what you are seeing in the log?

Thanks,

archita_95_0-1682339732803.png