Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Actionable Analytics Report not picking Runtime Data for Default Action

ssharma907
New Contributor
New Contributor

When we are running the Actionable analytics with default action as Disable account, the default action is being taken on the open conflict from the previous run.
Example:
if the current run history shows 352 open conflict

ssharma907_1-1700829785575.png

Then if I run this report again it will perform actions on the previous open conflict not on the run time data.
Can you please provide the resolution on this can be resolve.

14 REPLIES 14

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @ssharma907 

If a particular record from an instance of a runtime analytic has been picked up for processing and a task has been created accordingly, a subsequent run of the same analytic providing the same record (set of columns and their values) will not be picked up for processing again.

In order to alleviate this, you can use an extra column with a function that brings a column value that is different for every run of the report such as current_TIMESTAMP() as time. This way, every run of the analytic will process every record. 

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

@armaanzahir , but it is not creating tasks only keeping as open conflict

Hi @rituparna_pwc 

Please refer to the below post with similar issue and let us know if this help resolve the issue.

Solved: Actionable Analytic Disable Task not created - Saviynt Forums - 3003

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

@Dhruv_S , no still our analytics is picking from last run not current run to create tasks

Hi @rituparna_pwc 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the mentioned query.

I am trying to replicate the issue you are facing. When I am trying to run the analytics. It shows a particular count (say 423) open conflict. As I run the RunAllAnalytics job with execute default action selected, it creates tasks for all and then the open count shows 0 in RunHistory. If I approve 3 of the pending disable account task and run the analytics again, it shows 420 open conflicts. 

The query I am using is as below.

select a.name, a.accountkey as acctKey, sysdate() as date, e.endpointkey, 'Disable Account' as Default_Action_For_Analytics from accounts a, endpoints e where e.displayname ='AD_Training' AND a.status IN ( 'Manually Provisioned');

Could you please elaborate further at which point you are facing the issue?
Is the behavior different for your analytics than what I have mentioned above?
Is it not the expected behavior that the open tasks from previous run should show in the current run?

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma

Could you please elaborate further at which point you are facing the issue?

-> The issue is when you ran the analytics for the first it shows the 423 open conflicts the default action of the analytics des not executed on the open conflicts .
When you ran it again it again the default again will be executed on the 423  open conflict not on the 420.
So the default actions are being taken on the data from the previous run. 
The expected behavior is that the default action should be taken on the data from the current run.

Hello @Dhruv_S ,

When you run the "RunAllAnalytics" Job, it creates tasks of open conflicts and then closes the conflict. Our issue: 

1. when I run the "RunAllAnalytics" jobs, it creates a run history with open conflicts as 423, bu  tasks are not created.

2. Now on next run of "RunAllAnalytics" job, again another run history is created as open conflict of 423 but this time tasks are created and the open conflict on above step (previous run) goes to 0 and this new history is still open. This will lead to again creating tasks of same result set when RunAllAnalytics job is run. The issue is it is picking stale data and not current run data to create tasks

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rituparna_pwc , @ssharma907 ,

Are all actionable analytics exhibiting this behavior?

Can you create a fresh analytic for this and check?

Since, it's not expected behavior and the tasks should be created according to the latest run count, better to raish a freshservice ticket for this issue. Might be a bug in this version.

Can also perform the elastic server restart to check whether that is causing the issue as well.

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

@armaanzahir 

Are all actionable analytics exhibiting this behavior?  -> Yes,, all actionable analytics has the same behavior

Can you create a fresh analytic for this and check? -> We have tried this and still does not resolve

Since, it's not expected behavior and the tasks should be created according to the latest run count, better to raish a freshservice ticket for this issue. Might be a bug in this version.  -> We have raised FD ticket but it was closed stating implementation issues are only answered in Forum.. 😐

@rituparna_pwc 

This does not seem an implementation issue. The query is all fine. Can you share the analytic config page just for confirmation. 

It's abnormal behavior on the product's part, hence should be entertained by the ops team. 

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

rituparna_pwc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@armaanzahir ,

rituparna_pwc_0-1701774913946.pngrituparna_pwc_1-1701774967719.png

Hi @rituparna_pwc 

Based on the response I have got internally from analytics team, similar issues related to actionable analytics has been possibly fixed in v23.8. Hence upgrade should be able to fix the issue.

Can you confirm on which version you are seeing the issue?

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

@Dhruv_S , we are on 23.7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Its fixed in v23.8

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.