We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Actionable analytic - how to regenerate errored task?

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

How do you deal with the scenario when running an actionable analytic on a schedule (say to disable accounts) that ends in a task error, but you correct the underlying cause and then you need to reprocess the task? The ideal scenario would be to do this automatically and the analytic would pull it in again. I'm finding with a scheduled analytic, the task is generated but if it errors out, subsequent runs of the analytic still call back to the failed task and do not generate a new one. What is the best way to get around this?

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Usually error out tasks set status as 8 . For same you need to change status to 1 and provisioning retries to 0

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

You mean by a custom query job?

Yes 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

The downside to this approach using customquery is that we'd have to write a targeted SQL query for each failure that maxes out it's retry attempts so only those tasks get adjusted. This isn't scalable unfortunately.

Yes. This will be manual once error is fixed out for connection

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Have you tried setting the base count and no. of history to keep to 1?

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I had not tried that but just did and the result is the same. Here is a screenshot from the run. You can see it did not create a new disable account task for the first row. That task had errored out due to an underlying issue that is now resolved. The second row is new record matching the result set.

BrandonLucas_BF_0-1674829280225.png

I know I likely could work through these with manual ARS requests, but that is not a scalable approach. It would be best if somehow these could re-generate on their own after retry count is exhausted and the data is still showing up in subsequent analytic executions.

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I have opened a ticket on this issue as there doesn't seem to be an obvious solution that is scalable and automated.

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Support indicated this is not currently supported. Idea created. Please upvote if you share this issue: https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4566