Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

AccountID Generation using custom jar

NrupenM
New Contributor II
New Contributor II
HI,

We have a composite Account Name rule for one of the endpoint which cannot be generated using Out of box functionality. We have created External Jar to achieve account name rule  functionality.

Can some one tell how to call the external jar for account name generation?
In previous version i have used database functions to generate the account name but with 2021 there are no more DB functions and we need to have external jar to achieve this functionality?
3 REPLIES 3

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @NrupenM,

I do not think this feature is supported. I do not see any provisions for calling an extension/jar and getting a response while the request is still in process.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

NrupenM
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I have generated the name using external jar at User object(Custom property) and then used the custom property for account name. 

@NrupenM 

So are you using a pre-processor to generate the "account name" at the time of user import/creation to be used later for account provisioning ?(if at all)

If Yes, how are you ensuring the uniqueness of the account name ? Do you also have the use case where user can have multiple accounts in the same endpoint ?

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri