Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Account Name Rule in Endpoint is not working

tuhink
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have configured account name rule at endpoint level to generate the unique account name for user accounts. I am using the below advanced query :

concat(users.customproperty45,' ',users.customproperty46)#concat(users.customproperty45,' ', substring(users.customproperty46,1,1))#concat(users.customproperty45,' ',substring(users.customproperty46,1,2))#concat(users.customproperty45,' ',substring(users.customproperty46,1,3))

But when a new account is getting created from Technical rule, the account name is getting generated using the first query. Though the account name generated is already present in Saviynt.

(Also I have tried with all the options available in Check Unique Account. )

Can anyone help with the issue.

19 REPLIES 19

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

tuhink
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

tuhink_0-1719464222589.png

Does it same behaviour with other application,

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

tuhink
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have not checked for other applications. It will be a requirement for this application only so was checking for this only.

I suspect issue with Space in account name

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

But the space is getting generated in the account name. What I suspect is for some reason its not even going for the 2nd,3rd... rules separated by #. Even in log it only prints the first rule in advanced section

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@tuhink , does it work fine from ARS?

tuhink
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Didnt check..we do not need from ARS, we only need to provide access from technical rule

Try

CASE WHEN LENGTH(users.customproperty46) = 1 THEN CONCAT(users.customproperty45, ' ', users.customproperty46) WHEN LENGTH(users.customproperty46) = 2 THEN CONCAT(users.customproperty45, ' ', SUBSTRING(users.customproperty46, 1, 1)) WHEN LENGTH(users.customproperty46) = 3 THENCONCAT(users.customproperty45, ' ', SUBSTRING(users.customproperty46, 1, 2)) ELSECONCAT(users.customproperty45, ' ', SUBSTRING(users.customproperty46, 1, 3)) END

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Its following the rule that you have given, the length of users.customproperty46 is 4 so its using the ELSE condition & creating the account name. But how can I use this to create unique account name?

Using #

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

It didn't work

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Yes yes I get that ... But ARS will give a better idea if it is moving to 2 nd rule.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Tested using ARS with same rule and it is creating accounts as below. So accounts are getting created as per the rule.

Dhruv_S_0-1721749479272.png

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

tuhink
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Dhruv_S you are creating via ARS. But my requirement is creating the account through Technical Rule. Through technical rule its not working.

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @Dhruv_S , it was working via request but not when it gets trigged via technical rule.

I will leave it upto @tuhink if he still requires help or if it is resolved.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @tuhink @NM 

It is working as expected with technical rule as well. I have tested this in latest 24.8 test environment which is unreleased version as of now.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

tuhink
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Dhruv_S We are using Version 24.4 and its not working. Will it be possible to for you to check in this version?

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @tuhink 

I don't have 24.4 version to test this. If this is not working in 24.4, either you can plan to upgrade or open a ticket with support so that support can check if it is a bug in that version.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma