Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Access Dynamic Attributes in CreateAccountJSON for AD Service Account Management

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi ,
We are working on Service Account Management for AD Application. We are creating bunch of fields(Description, Application Number etc ) in the form by configuring dynamic attributes .

We have similar setup for REST based application .

My question is
1.How do i access these dynamic attributes in CreateAccountJSON .
"${requestAccessAttributes.description}" works for REST Based CreateAccountJSON but when i use it in AD Based CreateAccountJSON I am getting the below errror

Error while creating account in AD - No such property: requestAccessAttributes for class: SimpleTemplateScript63356

I referred to this post “https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/how-do-we-use-dyanmic-attribute-of-accounttype-fro..."
.It explains the syntax to use OOB fields for AD.I would like to know the syntax to access custom fields in JSON . 

What is the equivalent of "${requestAccessAttributes.description}"  in CreateAccountJSON for AD

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @NB ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have a dynamic attribute by the name of dynManagerAD and I am using it in CreateAccountJson for AD as below where it is mapped to the manager and performs a null check.

"manager": "${dynManagerAD!=null?dynManagerAD:''}"

In your case, can you rename your dynamic attribute to dynDescription and try with the below syntax -

${dynDescription}

Thanks.

Below is the solution for your issue

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v2020x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Provisio...

Creating an Account

To create an account in the target application, specify the value in the CREATEACCOUNTJSON parameter.

Note

• You can utilize any dynamic attribute as a part of the request request and obtain that value while creating or updating account, using the requestAccessAttributes variable for invoking that attribute.

Syntax of the parameter: 

"${requestAccessAttributes.get('TimezoneCode')}

When you are provisioning a task to create an account on an endpoint using the rules, the default values defined for the dynamic attributes on the endpoint are obtained.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Not sure why it did not work for AD App . When i click help section in connection for AD app and search for request access nothing shows up but i get results for REST based app .

NB_0-1683234102874.png

NB_1-1683234157965.png

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Daanish this one worked .  using the variable directly without any class worked to access dynamicattribute value

"sAMAccountname": "${task.accountName}",
"displayName": "${accountname1}",
"Description" : "${description}",

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can use ${requestAccessAttributes.get('attributename')}. In your example you missed .get

Regards,
Sahil

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Sahil .

I tried both ways ${requestAccessAttributes.get('attributename')} and ${requestAccessAttributes.attributename} in AD based app it did not work .