Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Ability to find out where the updates came from for the user

Thriller
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We have a requirement where we want to find where the updates came from for the user so that we can see it in the Update History, whether it came from Workday Demographic RaaS or Onboarding RaaS or AD User Import RaaS.
We thought of updating one of the customproperty of the user and have that logic added to modifyuserdatajson of authoratitive application connections, but since our demographic RaaS pulls in all the active user data, it would update the customproperty even if there is no changes.
Can you please suggest what can be done so that the updates for the user (whether it came from Workday Demographic RaaS or Onboarding RaaS or AD User Import RaaS) can be seen under Update History so that we can pinpoint where the updates came from because currently it only says 'Admin'

10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can find same under conenctionid column in users table

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I cannot find connectionid column in the users table

You will find jobid under user join with ecmimportlogs for getting connectionid

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 
With below query I was able to get only one record even though the data is coming multiple sources like Workday and AD.
It also isn't giving me the latest one since the latest one is from Workday however it is showing that it is from AD. Please help

Thriller_2-1715138110369.png

Thriller_0-1715138003593.png

It will show last connection from which data has been updated on user profile

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

But for the screenshot that I attached, the last update was from Workday but the query returns AD. I checked multiple other users as well. Same issue

It should match does user got updated with workday ? or user was not part of workday import

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Yes users do get updated from Workday and AD. And in this case, the last update was from Workday but it was showing AD

Thriller_0-1715170530630.png

When I run the below query for the user, yes it does give me the last job that ran but I need the one that updated the data on the user profile so that it is easier for us to pinpoint where the updates are coming from.
Can we show the last connection from which the data has been updated on the user profile?

Thriller_0-1715224413189.png

You can hardcode same information in REST Connector using CONST and use. automatically it will not store.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak