Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workday connection type, cannot map company name to organization name.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 11 2021 at 21:14 UTC

Hello, 

Is there a way to map company name to the organization name field for a user when importing from workday?

This is what I see in the workday connector guide

There doesn't be an attribute though to map directly to organization name in Saviynt

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 11 2021 at 21:48 UTC

Hi Aundre,

The Organization Name that you see in the user profile is actualy mapped to a db field customer in the users table.

This customer field is of type BIGINT which references the customerkey in the customer table. 

There's isnt a direct mapping to the users table, unless you have the organization created in Saviynt and there pass the key at the time of creation/update of the user.

One of the possible ways I can think of is perhaps using the inline pre-processor and looking up the customer table and passing its key.

There could be other ways,better ways,  I'll let someone who has experience chime in.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 11 2021 at 21:53 UTC

So I see this page for the inline pre-processor User Import Preprocessor : Customer Portal (freshdesk.com), however the Workday connection type doesn't seem to have a modifyuserdatajson section. Is there another way to use the in line pre processor with this particular connection type?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 18 2021 at 15:31 UTC

Hi Aundre,

Is the workday connection type and inline pre-procesor still an open question for you ?

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 18 2021 at 15:42 UTC

No this is good now. I see that you can use modifyuserdatajson if you modify the Workday connection type. Reference below for others.