Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Technical Rules - Advanced Query

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 19:33 UTC

Is there any documentation that shows what the proper fields and syntax are required for the Advanced Queries in Technical Rules?

The example shows a.firstname and a.customproperty1. It also only shows like, is, and in as queries. Where can we find the full list of fields and commands that can be used for this?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
7 REPLIES 7

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 19:55 UTC

Hi Adam,

Below are few examples for reference

a.employeeclass = 'Employee' AND a.statuskey=1 AND date(a.createdate) = date(sysdate()) AND a.systemUserName is not null and a.customproperty12 is null

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

employeeclass='Contractor' and date(FROM_UNIXTIME(substr(a.customproperty6,7,10))) <= date(sysdate()) and (a.customproperty11 is null OR upper(a.customproperty11) != 'YES' )

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 19:59 UTC

Thanks! that gave me enough information to get my query working.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 20:04 UTC

Thanks Adam for confirmation that below information worked for you. It will be great full if you can rate/mark the answer.

thanks!

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 20:15 UTC

So we are trying to update an existing technical rule and I don't see anyway to change it from it being based on conditions to advanced query.

Do you happen to know what the proper way to format a value list for the condition "in"?

In our use we want a technical rule to run if a user job code is equal to jobcode1 or jobcode 2. The advanced query I made : a.statuskey = '1' AND a.employeeclass != 'A' AND (a.jobCode in('Code1','Code2')) makes it seem like I should be able to update our existing technical rule from jobCode = Code1 to job code in Code1,Code2. But this doesn't bring back the expected result.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 20:45 UTC

Please see the attached picture. I'm not sure what kind of data is expected in the Value field here for using the "In" condition.

I've tried comma separated list, comma separated with single quote around text, and semicolon separated. None of them came up with any results.

jobcode1,jobcode2
'jobcode1',jobcode2'

jobcode1;jobcode2

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 20:53 UTC

Please see attached screenshot for reference

value = (Employee,Contractor,Intern)

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 23 2020 at 20:57 UTC

Thanks for that! Will make updating some rules much faster.