We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Setting multiple email addresses in email template TO field

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 14 2021 at 15:55 UTC

Hi,

Developing some new email templates that will used for notifying approvers of submitted requests.  The approach is I have an approval group that I would like to send email notification to when user requests access to a particular role.  Within work flow have a custom query that leverages the group membership against users table to find related email.

Approval Group:

Approver A w/ email approvera@test.com

Approver B w/email approverb@test.com

Approver C w/email approverc@test.com

Email template:

To : ${assignee?.email}  <--results in singular reference 

subject: ....

Body: 

What I want to see when email notification happens:

TO: approvera@test.com;approverb@test.com;approverc@test.com   <--1 email 

Actual results:

TO: approvera@test.com  (email 1)

TO: approverb@test.com (email 2)

TO: approverc@test.com (email 3)

Get 3 singular emails and the approvers are not aware of each other.  Each gets specific message which is not what I want to generate.

Been reviewing the Managing Email templates but not seeing anything that points to supporting this.  

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
2 REPLIES 2

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 14 2021 at 15:56 UTC

Forgot to add:  5.5 SP. 3.5.  In process of updating to 3.9 but based on notes review not seeing a reference to this particular question.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 21 2021 at 17:14 UTC

Hello Peter,

Currently, there is not a way to collate all the emails address and send it out in one go.

This seems like a good requirement to have and we will discuss this internally with the Product team.

I will provide updates on this channel as and when I have it.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri