Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Setting multiple email addresses in email template TO field

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 14 2021 at 15:55 UTC

Hi,

Developing some new email templates that will used for notifying approvers of submitted requests.  The approach is I have an approval group that I would like to send email notification to when user requests access to a particular role.  Within work flow have a custom query that leverages the group membership against users table to find related email.

Approval Group:

Approver A w/ email approvera@test.com

Approver B w/email approverb@test.com

Approver C w/email approverc@test.com

Email template:

To : ${assignee?.email}  <--results in singular reference 

subject: ....

Body: 

What I want to see when email notification happens:

TO: approvera@test.com;approverb@test.com;approverc@test.com   <--1 email 

Actual results:

TO: approvera@test.com  (email 1)

TO: approverb@test.com (email 2)

TO: approverc@test.com (email 3)

Get 3 singular emails and the approvers are not aware of each other.  Each gets specific message which is not what I want to generate.

Been reviewing the Managing Email templates but not seeing anything that points to supporting this.  

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
2 REPLIES 2

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 14 2021 at 15:56 UTC

Forgot to add:  5.5 SP. 3.5.  In process of updating to 3.9 but based on notes review not seeing a reference to this particular question.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 21 2021 at 17:14 UTC

Hello Peter,

Currently, there is not a way to collate all the emails address and send it out in one go.

This seems like a good requirement to have and we will discuss this internally with the Product team.

I will provide updates on this channel as and when I have it.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri