Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Saviynt Exchange Connector question

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 23 2020 at 16:58 UTC

Hi, we are looking at using the Exchange connector for Saviynt and I want to know if this has to be connected to the actual exchange server, or can it be connected to a computer that is running the Exchange tools on it.

We have an ITManagement machine that runs the Exchange 2016 tools on it so we can create mailboxes from there.

Thanks,

Mike

Saviynt 5.5 sp3

Exchange 2016 on premise

Exchange Hybrid mode with O365

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
5 REPLIES 5

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 24 2020 at 11:30 UTC

Hi Mike,

For Saviynt Exchange Connector to work,

We need to install the IIS Server in the Windows Server where AD is installed.

After this, Saviynt agent needs to be deployed in the IIS Server.

Once we have this, We can run PS Scripts in the Windows Server to configure User Mailboxes through Saviynt Exchange Connector.

Kindly refer to Architecture section in Microsoft Exchange Guide for the details.

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/43000480321#MicrosoftExchangeConnectorGuide-Archi...

Thanks,
Lokesh S

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 30 2020 at 20:50 UTC

Thanks, Lokesh.

My question was does this connector have to use IIS on the Exchange servers themselves, or can you use IIS on a management machine that has the Exchange tools installed on it?

Thanks.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 1 2020 at 11:10 UTC

Any AD domain joined server. I typically deploy a new server just for this.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 1 2020 at 12:35 UTC

Thanks, Mark.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 10 2020 at 17:49 UTC

I am also working to configure the exchange connector. Can you please share a sample of enabling account JSON for enabling an exchange account?