Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Role Entitlements Association

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 13 2020 at 07:10 UTC

Hi,

I have a role with say 3 entitlements: E1,E2 and E3.

I am using the 'Upload Role Association' feature to upload the role users.

Have attached the file alongwith.

After my upload, I am able to see that the role gets assigned to the user but I cannot see the entitlements associated to the user as well.

My assumption is that when we assign the role to the user, Saviynt will generate new account/add access tasks and through them the entitlements get associated with the user.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Currently I do not see any tasks getting generated. Also does the EnterpriseRoleManagementJob come into picture here?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
5 REPLIES 5

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 17 2020 at 12:40 UTC

Hi Arushi,

Entitlements will not be assigned immediatley when user is assigned to role, The system would generate requests for ROLE assignment, on approval tasks would be generated and on successful assignment of tasks the role would be assigned to user with required entitlements.

Thanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 17 2020 at 13:00 UTC

Hi Ajay,

I understand that for assigning entitlements, tasks will be generated and post task completion, entitlements will be assigned to the user. However, when I upload the above file to assign roles to the user, no tasks are generated.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 23 2020 at 06:13 UTC

Hi Arushi,

The request would be generated first, post approval the tasks would be generated.

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 24 2020 at 12:16 UTC

Hi Ajay,

In the above scenario, no approval requests are generated.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 16 2020 at 05:20 UTC

Hi Arushi,

Request you to please share the screenshot for your roles configuration under global configuration.

Thanks

Ajay