Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Require Approvals for certain attributes updated on Register User Forms

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 13 2021 at 14:43 UTC

I am working with a workflow that needs to check if a certain attribute (lets say departmentNumber for example) is updated, then it should be sent for an approval.  The workflow also should understand that if another attribute is updated and not departmentNumber, then the workflow does not need an approval.

This is being done on the Register User Update form.

I was thinking I could check the dynamic attributes against the user attributes.

If Else Condition in the workflow

(dynamicAttributes.get('Department') != user.departmentNumber)

If above is True then approval is needed,  If false then grant access.

If I update any attribute except the Department, I still get an approval needed.   

Is there a way to check for changes?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 14 2021 at 23:42 UTC

Tim,

Can you try the condition shared below, if you haven't already, and see if this works ?

(dynamicAttributes.get('Department') ne user.departmentNumber)

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 15 2021 at 14:26 UTC

Avinash,

I have have tried the condition above and get the same result.  I'm wondering if every dynamic attribute in the form needed to be checked.  I was hoping this could be a simple check for old and new value for certain attributes and require approvals just for those changes. 

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 30 2021 at 19:08 UTC

I did get this to work.  I updated the dynamic attribute value to the actual attribute the dynamic attribute was configured to save to. I was using the dynamic attribute name of 'department' that would save to cp31 and switched to use 'cp31' instead of 'department'

Old

(dynamicAttributes.get('department') ne 'user.customproperty31'))

New

(dynamicAttributes.get('customproperty31') ne 'user.customproperty31'))

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 30 2021 at 20:44 UTC

Thank You Tim for your posting the solution.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri