Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Populating SAV Roles

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 16 2020 at 20:02 UTC

So after you create a SAV role how do you populate it with a large number of users?

Say I create one SAV_APPROVER How would I get say 700 users into it without doing it one by one? Could it be populated by an upload?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
5 REPLIES 5

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 17 2020 at 03:43 UTC

Hi John,

As of now, we don't have the fetaure to assign sav role in bulk.

Thanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 17 2020 at 14:04 UTC

Okay, I would have thought that you would have come across this before. Is this something that can be added to the system so that every one could use it? Asking because as a large corporation is building out their use of the system and creating the roles keying 500 plus users does not see to be the best use of time.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 19 2020 at 03:21 UTC

Hi John,

Point is taken. We can have this one of our enhancement.

There is another way to have this. Enable saviynt4saviynt, it would allow sav roles to be managed as one of the entitlement type for the sav4sav application. Then you can request for multiple user request.

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 21 2020 at 18:21 UTC

Is there an accounts and role import xml available to get in all the SAV Roles as entitlements on SAV4SAV endpoint so that they can be made requestable in ARS?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 28 2020 at 17:55 UTC

Create a Execute Custom Queries job and put the below SQL in. Modify it with your needs. I think there is an issue with the Getdate but you can hardcode a date. Run the SQL then make sure you have UserUpdate rules etc depending on your needs.

INSERT INTO user_savroles (USERKEY,ROLEKEY,UPDATEDATE,UPDATEUSER )

SELECT USERKEY, 12, GETDATE(),'admin'

FROM Users

Where EMPLOYEETYPE = 'Contractor' and STATUSKEY =1