Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Not able to get SOD to Work

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 21 2020 at 22:17 UTC

I am trying to get SOD to work.

I have done following Setup:

Function1: contains Entitlement 1

Function 2: contains Entitlement 2

Risk 1: Contains Function1 and Function 2

RuleSet 1 has Risk 1.

Now when I raise a request and request for both entitlement 1 and entitlement 2 I expect ARS to warn me for SOD. But I don't see that happening.

As per the logs it is evaluating my SOD functions (screenshot attached) but nothing is happening.

What am I missing?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 21 2020 at 22:26 UTC

Hi Waman,

Most of your setup looks to be correct, validate some of these additional configurations :

1. Your Ruleset is set as default True (you can set multiple rulesets to be default)
2. Inside SAV Roles, "Show SOD in request is ON"

Thanks,

Arpit

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 22 2020 at 13:47 UTC

Thanks a bunch for quick turnaround Arpit! I was missing the "Show SOD in request ON" setting. Do I need to set this for every role separately? Or is there a way to enable it for all roles by default?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 22 2020 at 19:57 UTC

Hi Waman,

This has to be set per role.

Thanks,

Arpit

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 18 2020 at 13:41 UTC

Excellent Aript !!!!

I too was struggling with Preventive SOD . Though I configured conflicting access in SOD and did necessary changes in workflow , while raising access with both conflicting access I was not getting notification.

Your note - Inside SAV Role - Show SOD in request is ON" was freally helpful.

Thanks So Much Buddy.

Best Regards

Shraddha Rahate