Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Manage service account error

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 7 2022 at 08:52 UTC

I am trying to request owner change of a service account using a normal user . but the user is unable to raise the request for the same .  

Steps followed are as follows :

Step 1 : Login to SSM 
Step 2 : 

Click on Manage Service account tab 

Step 3 : 

Click on modify exisiting accounts : 

Checkout 

step 5 : Click on select owner , the screen gets stuck here with no result . 

Please let me know what extra SAVRoles or permissions are required to view this page . 

Thanks & Regards 
Ankit Jindal 
This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
7 REPLIES 7

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 7 2022 at 09:35 UTC

Hi Ankit,

Are you getting any access denied error? Are you seeing any error in logs?

I tried to check this in my lower env.. As far I see , Role_ADMIN Sav role.is necessary..

However I leave it to the forum's experts if they have other views here.

Thanks

Shyam

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 7 2022 at 09:36 UTC

I can't give role_admin role to service account owners , only want to give them a specific permission to reset the password , not all the things . 

Thanks 

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 9 2022 at 14:33 UTC

Hi Jindal, 

Thank you for posting this question, 

You need to have /accounts/changepasswordserviceacc1/* access to reset service account password.

Regards, 

Belwyn.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 9 2022 at 14:42 UTC

Hi Belwyn , 

I am using version 5.5SP2 and 5.5SP3 right now , i tried searching for accounts/changepasswordserviceacc1/* , it's not present in request map config. How to get this permission added ?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 14 2022 at 21:09 UTC

Ankit,

Have you tried assigning /accounts/** access to the SAV_Role ?

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 15 2022 at 05:01 UTC

HI Avinash , 

I tried giving the permission /accounts/** to the sav role but no luck , i am still stuck here 

Thanks 
Ankit Jindal 

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 15 2022 at 14:42 UTC

Ankit,

Can you check the browser logs (developer tools) and see if something is getting blocked ?

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri