Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Getting User Data information using OOTB REST API

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 24 2020 at 09:22 UTC

Hi All,

Is there a possibility to get the user data information using OOTB REST API using basic Authentication.

I know we can get the data from OAuth mechanism-

(

Run the Get Token (POST) request – Using Username/Password Copy and paste the Access Token into the Authorization field and raise POST Call for get user request to fetch the data.

).

As we a target system source which only supports basic Authentication to fetch data, please let me know if there is any way to get the data.

Thanks

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 25 2020 at 10:32 UTC

Hi Darshan,

Yes, the REST connector supports Basic authentication. The 'Basic' authType is used for authentication where only Username and Password is required to authorize REST API calls. Please find the attached document containing the sample connection JSON and importSON.

Thank you

Vedanth B.K

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 25 2020 at 11:15 UTC

Hi Vedanth,

Thanks for the reply,

How ever i believe my question was wrong, let me provide you the exact detail what is configured and what i am looking for

1. Saviynt exposes the User Data information using OOTB REST API.

2. We have a configured a user ( service account ) which will be used for authentication

3. Created a SAV role and gave the get user Api access for the user.

4. We have configured by calling two methods to get the user data.

( Run the Get Token (POST) request – Using Username/Password Copy and paste the Access Token into the Authorization field and raise POST Call for get user request to fetch the data. )

Now There is a requirement from a team ( Qlik sense tool-reporting tool ) to use our rest api to fetch the user data in saviynt however the tool doesn't support to use Authorization via token, so is there a way to directly expose the child api just by passing authentication ( username and password ), if yes can you please let me know the steps

Thanks

Darshan Jain

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 28 2020 at 03:21 UTC

Hi Darshan,

I hope your query is related to the REST API exposed by saviynt for interaction with SSM. If yes, then we dont have a option to authenticate via username/password. I would suggest to refer to below mentioned REST API document link.

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/RWaLwo21

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 31 2020 at 05:51 UTC

Thanks Ajay for the reply.