Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Email params for Role based Access

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 12 2020 at 18:20 UTC

When I assign a role to a user, i want to send an email notification to the manager for approval.

The email should contain the following:

1. Name of the user
  2. Name of Role
  3. All entitlements that are part of the role

What are the email params for adding these information fields to the email Template?
if some one has examples of doing this, please share your email template examples.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 12 2020 at 18:26 UTC

Hi Anand,

Below link provide information on all the parameter which are exposed for email templates.

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431557-managing-email-templates

Minesh.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 12 2020 at 19:38 UTC

Thank you Minesh.

Some of the parameters are throwing null errors in my email template. I will work on it and provide more details to see if you have any solutions.

But thanks for the link.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 16 2020 at 12:11 UTC

@Minesh,

When a role is assigned to a user from ARS, I am trying to include in the email - the entitlements that part of the role.

I tried the following params but none of them work.

• ${entitlements} - DISPLAYS BLANK
  • ${entitlement_values} - DISPLAYS BLANK
  • ${entitlementValues} - ERROR (There was an error while evaluating the email template, please login to ARS and complete the tasks assigned to you)

• ${entitlementshtmltablerows} - DISPLAYS BLANK

What email param would you suggest so that I can add the entitlements of a role in my email Template?

Anand

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 17 2020 at 19:31 UTC

Anybody have any suggestions for email params to retrieve the entitlements for selected role?

Anand

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 13 2020 at 18:42 UTC

hello,

What email param can I use to display the Role Description?

I tried using ${rolesshtmltablerows} but that displays the Role name, Role Description and the Glossary all in 1 line. not very helpful.

Is there an Email Param which will give me only the Role Description?

Anand

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 26 2021 at 00:08 UTC

We have the exact same issue as Anand

"I tried using ${rolesshtmltablerows} but that displays the Role name, Role Description and the Glossary all in 1 line. not very helpful."

Version 5.5 SP3.5

Can we have an update on this cheers.