Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Email notification trigger - AD account information

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 20 2020 at 09:14 UTC

Hi team,

I have created an email template which needs to be sent to the user's manager when AD account is provisioned. I have uploaded the same under connector `Email Template` field. But it doesn't seem to trigger the notification when an account is provisioned.

Email Template is :

Dear <span>${manager.firstname} ${manager.lastname},<br><br>Active Directory account has been created for your reportee - </span><span>${account_name}</span>. The password for the account is <span>${randompassword}.<br><br>Request you to reset this password after the initial use.<br><br>Regards,<br>Saviynt support<br></span>

Sent to : ${manager.email}

Is there some other step which i am missing to have them notification triggered on the new account creation?

Thank you,

Mridul Utkarsh

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
5 REPLIES 5

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 21 2020 at 08:32 UTC

The email template under conenction is used for import. You need to map email template under endpoint or under global configurations then for task completion for the account provisioned would be triggered.

Thanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 21 2020 at 11:30 UTC

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the response. I have mapped the email template already under the Endpoint i.e.

Tak type: New Account

Email Action: Task Complete

Email Template: <name of email template>

But still i am not receiving any email.

Where exactly under global configuration i need to do this mapping?

Thank you,

Mridul utkarsh

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 21 2020 at 15:20 UTC

Hi Mridul,

Can you check by replacing ${randompassword} with ${task.password} or ${account_password} in the task completion email template and retry?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 22 2020 at 06:41 UTC

Hi Aarthi,

Actually I tried with simple email as well without keeping any variable in it, still it didn't work. Problem is email itself is not getting triggered

SMTP is configured and test email is working

Endpoint is configured to trigger email when a new account task is completed

Thank you,

Mridul

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 25 2020 at 12:55 UTC

There was issue with 'From' address, i have updated and its fixed now. Thank you

Regards,

Mridul