Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Checking user end date changes via UI

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 27 2020 at 12:58 UTC

I have a setup where you can update user's end date via register user form. I have a dynamic attribute called "enddate" that maps to user column "enddate" and is of type Date.

Is there any simple way to compare if the date in dynamic attribute is after or before enddate in user column.

If I do this in workflow, I have following available:

• dynamic attribute as string, e.g. 12-31-2020 and
  • java.sql.Timestamp object as ${user.enddate}

Unfortunately java.sql.Timestamp does not offer suitable methods to compare a string date. And we cannot use Java classes like DateFormat in workflow groovy parts.
Thanks,Juha

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
1 REPLY 1

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 22 2020 at 18:30 UTC

Hi Juha,

You can use (Date.parse('MM-dd-yyyy',dynamicAttributes.get('enddate')) < new Date().Plus (366)) to compare date in dynamic attributes in a workflow.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay Patil

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.