Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Azure AD REST connector - token expiry issue.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 5 2022 at 15:55 UTC

Hi Experts,

We have setup a generic REST based Azure AD connector for importing the accounts and groups into Saviynt.

The initial account import ran for more than 1.5 hours and completed successfully. All the subsequent imports started failing after around 1 hour with the below error message :

Message-{"error":{"code":"Authentication_ExpiredToken","message":"Your access token has expired.

Please renew it before submitting the request.

Have somebody come across similar issue.? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attached the Connection json.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
5 REPLIES 5

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 5 2022 at 17:37 UTC

Hi Jeswin,

Your connectionJSON is missing the following parameter.
"retryFailureStatusCode": [401]
Please update the above with the API response code when the api call fails due to an expired access token.
For more details, please check the REST connector documentation guide:
https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000521736-rest-connector-guide

Regards,

Sahaj

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 7 2022 at 13:03 UTC

Thanks Sahaj for responding.

Have figured this out.

The fix was to add the below section in the connection json :

"authError":[

"InvalidAuthenticationToken",

"Authentication_ExpiredToken"

],

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 21 2022 at 09:03 UTC

Jesvin Joseph,

I have the same problem, the above does not fix it though, so I think my issue is in the importAccountJson

Any chance you can paste your importAccountJson ?

Thanks

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 21 2022 at 14:48 UTC

Hi Allan,

Are you getting the same error as mine.? Does the import fails after the token expires (in around an hour).

If so, it is more likely an issue on the connection json.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 24 2022 at 07:48 UTC

Hi Jesvin,

I get token error, but my import-job just keeps running (forever)

I tried multiple things and added various error handling values, to no luck.

The reason I'm asking for a sample of your ImportAccountJson, is that Import_Accounts actually works in our setup, but Import_Access does not...  I find that odd. (I even tried querying a specific entitlement - still runs forever)

Thanks