Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

AD Group Management Product Functionality Questions

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 8 2022 at 01:59 UTC

A few questions from a current customer around AD Group Management:

• Can multiple AD domains be managed within Group Management? - My understanding is NO based on how things need to be configured (namely needing to select ONE endpoint in the Global Config for Groups Management) but I want to be sure. If no, when will this be supported? Customer is currently on v2020.
  • Are Security Mail Enabled groups supposed? - I know Security and Distribution groups are supported but wasn’t sure on Security Mail Enabled groups.
  • What is the best method for adding detail to the ARS process to allow for a static hyperlink to help documentation?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
1 REPLY 1

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 14 2022 at 15:27 UTC

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for posting your question; Please find the answers for your questions from one of our SME.

• Can multiple AD domains be managed within Group Management? My understanding is NO based on how things need to be configured (namely needing to select ONE endpoint in the Global Config for Groups Management) but I want to be sure.
        We do not need to set up a singular AD group connection on Global Configuration if we want to manage different domains associated with different AD connections.
  • If not, when will this be supported? CDK is on v2020.
        AD Group management is for Security Systems using the AD connector. AD connector can only connect to a specific domain. So in cases where you have multiple AD endpoints on Saviynt, each  connected to different domains via a different AD connection, the AD group management page would let you create and manage in all those connected domains provided you have done all the prerequisites to enable Group Management for the particular endpoint/connection.
    Example :
    You first need to select the endpoint,
    image.png
    And then the corresponding Domain, is shown in Groups Domain drop down:
    image.png

• Are Security Mail Enabled groups supposed? I know Security and Distribution groups are supported but wasn’t sure on Security Mail Enabled groups.
        This is not supported.
  • What is the best method for adding detail to the ARS process to allow for a static hyperlink to help documentation?
        To do this, open incognito, and make sure that caching is disabled. Go to Admin -->  UI Branding Configuration --> Search for 'Request.EmptyScreen.RedirectLink' and 'Review.EmptyScreen.RedirectLink' and put the URL as its value, example : https://www.google.com 
    Ensure that the https:// is not missed. It will take 15-20 minutes to reflect once done.

Regards, 

Belwyn.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.