We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Account Name logic as all Upper case

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 25 2022 at 14:29 UTC

We have configured an account name rule as per the screenshot attached. As per the behavior it seems, Random Alphabets are created as All Uppercase(AKT) or Mix of Upper & Lower case(AkT) or All Lower (akt). Is there any way we can restrict it to "ALL UPPER CASE" ? Thanks Padmalochan
This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 25 2022 at 14:43 UTC

Hi Padma Mohanty,

Greetings. Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please attach the screenshot again? I couldn't find the screenshot attached here.. 

Regards,

Jayasudha R

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 25 2022 at 14:50 UTC

Not able to attach screenshot due to technical issue with Freshdesk so mentioned below, As Basic rule configuration Random Alphabet (3) + Random Numeric (3)

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 25 2022 at 14:55 UTC

Hi Jayasudha, I am not able to attach the screenshot here due to some technical issue with Freshdesk. So putting here below text, Under Endpoint -> Account Name Rule (As Basic configuration) Random Alphabet (3) + Random Numeric (3) e.g. AKT123 Thanks Padmalochan

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 25 2022 at 15:00 UTC

Padma,

I do not see a functionality to create the generated account name to UPPER CASE using the Basic configuration.

What you can try is :

1) Write a custom logic SQL query under Advanced Config OR

2) Update your createAccount JSON logic to convert the account names to UPPER CASE before you provision them.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 25 2022 at 15:12 UTC

Hi Avinash, Option 1 : I tried but did not find a way to generate random Alphabet in SQL. Could you please help with Random Alphabet generation logic if you are aware of ? If we follow 2nd option, is the unique search for account name rule case sensitive or case insensitive. Because, if I create a Name 'AKT123' then 2nd time when the same value gets automatically generate with lowercase as 'akt123', will Saviynt take it as a duplicate value ?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 25 2022 at 16:31 UTC

Padma,

As far as I know, the account names are case insensitive. However the uniqueness only come in effect for "active" accounts. 

Now what that means is, if there is an account name say atk123 already assigned to a user, then this account name is checked/validated against before a new account name is generated.

However, if the accountname atk123 is a request pending approval or a task that is still pending, then inflight request are not validated when a new account name is generated.

Please validate these use cases before you implement them.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri