04-12-2022 01:23 PM
1. Why do we need transport functionality?
Transport feature enables customers to port SSM objects (Application, Connections, Configuration) defined in one environment easily to another environment
2. What are the operations supported in Transport?
Transport Export and Transport Import
3. How does Transport export work?
Transport Export provides the ability to export SSM objects as a zip file
4. How does Transport import work?
Transport Import provides the ability to import the SSM objects from Zip file after answering reCAPTCHA that creates a request which needs to be approved by the assignee to complete the import process
5. Which SSM objects can be transported?
SAVRole, Email Template, Analytic control v1, Analytic control v2, Global Configuration, Workflow, Connection, Applications which were Onboarded, User Groups, Scan rules, Organization, Roles, Security Systems
6. Can we transport membership and ownership?
7. Can we select if we want only membership or ownership?
Yes, its configurable
8. Do we audit Transport feature?
9. Do we record failures in export and import process?
10. Do we have any pre-requisites for Transport Export and import?
a) To export applications via application onboarding SSM object, applications need to be imported into the "Application Onboarding" module first.
b) Set up Transport Workflow in Admin>Global Configuration>Common>
Transport Request Workflow
We are introducing capability to transport using API
We are introducing online transport which enables to transfer/migrate SSM objects from one environment to another environment(environment connection details need to be predefined) with Retry mechanism enabled.
We are deprecating reCAPTCHA in Transport Import
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-12-2022 03:13 PM