Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Did you know? You can filter “Who can request/view/approve the access for whom based on Savroles”

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 18 2020 at 00:03 UTC

1. What is a savrole?

SSM’s savrole is where you define which user has what access inside SSM

1. What are the configs needed to filter users in Request and filter requests in history/approval screens?

Whom to Request, For Whom Can the Role User Approve the Request, Request History

1. Are these configs mandatory in create and edit savrole page?

Yes

1. What is the purpose of each of the config options?

Whom to Request

Config option

Explanation

Self

Request only for self

One level down the hierarchy

Request for self + all my direct reports

Two level down the hierarchy

Request for self + all my direct reports + all my direct reports reportees

Request for All

Request for all

Cannot Request

Cannot request for anyone

Advanced Config

Request for self + for the users retrieved from advanced filter

For whom the role user can approve the request

Config option

Explanation

Cannot Approve Any Request

Cannot Approve Any Request

Approve all requests assigned to me

Approve all requests assigned to me

Approve all requests assigned to me and my direct reports

Approve all requests assigned to me + my direct reports

Approve all requests assigned to me and users retrieved from advanced filter

Approve all requests assigned to me + users retrieved from advanced filter

Approve all requests

Approve all requests

Request History

Config option

Explanation

View all requests

View all requests

View all requests associated with me

View all requests requested by me, for me and assigned to me

View all requests associated with me and my direct reports

View all requests requested by me, for me and assigned to me + View all requests requested by my direct reports, for my direct reports and assigned to my direct reports

View all requests associated with me and my direct reports and my direct reports reportees

View all requests requested by me, for me and assigned to me + View all requests requested by my direct reports, for my direct reports and assigned to my direct reports + View all requests requested by my direct reports, for my direct reports and assigned to my direct reports

Cannot View Any Request

Cannot View Any Request

View all requests associated with me and user retrieved by advanced filter

View all requests requested by me, for me and assigned to me + View all requests requested by, for and assigned to users retrieved from advanced filter

View all requests submitted for the endpoint(s) retrieved

View all requests submitted for the endpoint(s) retrieved from advanced filter

5. What is delegate user’s visibility in request and History/Approval pages?

An active delegate user would be able to see what his/her parent user would see + what is defined his/her savrole

6. What type of advanced filter is available in savrole configs mentioned above?

HQL based filter- You have to write an HQL query to retrieve user list in request and in history and approval pages

JSON based filter- You have to write an JSON + HQL query to retrieve user list in request and in history and approval pages

7. Can you have different filters set for different request tiles in Request Home page?

Yes, you can have filters set at each request tile level in JSON option in advanced filter

8. Can you edit an advanced filter?

Yes, you can click on the (i) icon and advanced filter pop up opens up to edit the query/json

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
2 REPLIES 2

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 21 2020 at 02:44 UTC

Thanks Aarthi.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 29 2021 at 13:12 UTC

@Aarthi - View all requests associated with me and user retrieved by advanced filter - Is this possible to view only Endpoint Specific requests?