Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.
No ratings
vaibhav_nagre
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Symptoms

Use case: 
Application Role workflow with two levels of approval: User's manager then Role Owner
If role owner is submitting the request for someone, then skip BOTH levels of approvals.

Issue:
If Role owner is requesting, Saviynt skips the second level automatically, but we have to use if-else block to skip the first manager approval. I have tried many conditions to no avail, tried some conditions as-it-is from the docs but they don't work either:

entitlement.getOwnerRank1().contains(user.username) eq true    -- as it is from docs, doesn't work
role.getOwnerRank1().contains(user.username) eq true           -- as it is from docs, doesn't work
(entitlement.entowners == null) or (entitlement.entowners.size() == 0 )      -- as it is from docs, doesn't work
entitlement.allowner.contains(requestedBy.username)       -- got from forums also doesnt work
entitlement.getOwnerRank1().contains(user.username)       -- doesn't work, got this from a forum thread
Ask from the customer:
The variable exposing the Role owners and the variable exposing the Requestor, and then compare them, but not able to get this basic use case working. The conditions/variables mentioned in the docs are not working

Solution

Please use expression language as groovy for the condition: role.getOwnerRank1().contains(user.username) eq true 
Also please check with below conditions :

role.getOwnerRank1().size() eq 0
role.ownerRank1 == null
role.ownerRank1.size() == 0
Comments
yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I tried on v2021 and below code works for me:
role.ownerRank1.contains(requestedby.username)

role.getOwnerRank1() however does not. Seems this method is not supported in v2021 as the workflow fails to create a request ID if this is used in Workflow. Saviynt should test this internally and update the documentation accordingly.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Its always better you link KB with forum link , as this will give more idea on debugging done over forum post

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

If possible, can Saviynt incorporate help guide with supported variable list.

I still see the same old values which most of time does not serve all the purpose

Version history
Last update:
‎01/10/2023 02:07 PM
Updated by:
Contributors