Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.
No ratings
nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Question: we are using service saviynt connector for service now (as a ticketing system) this is a Rest API based integration. Service now is suggesting not to call Servicenow API for getting status of tickets( which is userd to close tasks in saviynt) but instead they will call Saviynt API is to close the task , is this kind if integration supported by saviynt for service now ? can we move forward with this ?

Answer: Yes SNOW system can invoke the below saviynt rest apis to close the task:

{{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/completetask

Comments
maheshbhoi_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Nimit,

How can SNOW close the birthright tasks, as snow does not know taskid which is mandatory in the API.

Thanks

Mahesh

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@maheshbhoi_it , so I am assuming the birthright tasks got created in saviynt and saviynt has created a ticket in snow from that task.  You can send the task ids in the createticketjson and then use them for closing tasks using the above mentioned api.

maheshbhoi_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@nimitdave  Thanks for the quick reply.

1. which variable can get me all task ids to push in single ticket?
  2. Also I think ${allEntitlements} would pass all entitlements , please confirm
  3. If I want to pass roleName is it possible? If yes, how?

Kindly let me know it would be great if I can get these variables.

Thank You

Mahesh

Version history
Last update:
‎04/11/2023 06:11 AM
Updated by:
Contributors