Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.
No ratings
Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

User Context is generally used to Get the data of specific users which are logged in so that it displays the information required only for their data or the reportee's data if needed.

For Example generic basic use case of managers to view the reportee details.

Create a analytics query by using user context solution, For the above use case you can create a sql query as shown in below and keep the contact as User.

2iNIgdMieIEtgmhkl35_h3ntib_Y-HBYCA.png

In the above Query , Manager as USERCONTEXT  uses the logged in user id When you see the results in analytics history.

Now as Role_admin user if you login and run the report , you will be able to see all the users.

As a manager when you login and check the history , you will be able to see only the reportee details.user_1_viewing_records.png

Also this Analytics can be used to map to Dashboard and Manager can easily check the count and details. For creating a Dashboard you can configure it as below

TxWhVU8UYlV1xa-drInKnSCgflrtdsqF8Q.png

Once the Dashboard is created, Assign this Dashboard to the specific sav role ( role_manager in this case ). 

qiNGpddtF_s8oX6A_w2EAkr3Tym2iBeLbA.png

Logged in Users can now see how many reportees they have and also details when they click on the dashboard which will be redirected to Analytics report. 

Note: This is applicable in all the versions ( EIC and Sp 3.x versions )

Comments
Katrin
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi.

I have tested it out as descripted:

I have created a New Analytics Using SQL Query

Katrin_0-1682502103494.png

The report is working fine.

So I have done Create New Dashboard:

Katrin_2-1682502411719.png

But after clicking on create the Chart Properties are not filled:

Can you please advice me, what I did wrong?

We have V23.3.

Thanks

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi

For Tiles, you need to set the chart properties, for Charts it auto populates.

You can check how to set in the below doc

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter18-Dashboards/Dashboards.htm

saipraveengv
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I tried the same but the dashboard is not giving me the results. Let me know if there is any changes i have to do ? We are v2022

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

It should work if you are putting the chart properties correctly, and all the config's correctly.

May be you can attach a screenshot of analytics page created ( take screenshot with the url as well ), dashboard config , what error / what is not displaying correctly

Thanks

Darshan

saipraveengv
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

i am using ES Pie chart and values are zero Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 3.34.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 3.30.41 PM.png

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In case of Pie charts you need to give local query and global json query, Please go through the documentation fully 

saipraveengv
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Same with ES tile as well. It is giving zero results. 

saipraveengv
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

HI , 

Now i am getting the results in Tile. How do i get the results in Pie? Any suggestion on how do i pass the value in manager user key in global json?

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Without much details i cant help you here, In the documentation its a direct step to configure the Pei chart, ( Also chat properties will be updated automatically ) but you may need to give the local and global json . ( you can refer the examples in  doc as already said )

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @saipraveengv 

As discussed , after giving the column name in the Dashboard it worked as per your requirement 

Harsha
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Darshanjain ,

I had a query regarding user context. So according to our requirement we need to create dashboards for 1. Onboarded today 2. Onboarded in past 30 days 3. Terminated today 4. Terminated in past 30 days. So Use case is like few IT teams from client side based on country need to see these report. For ex: I am from India IT team I should be able to see in these 4 dashboards only users that belong to India.Rest of them should be hidden from me. Do you have any idea how this can be achieved? 

Thanks,

Harsha  

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you post a new forum topic on this mentioning this link

Version history
Last update:
‎03/06/2023 09:07 PM
Updated by: