Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.
100% helpful (1/1)
ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Use Case:

How to provide Application filter option in Access Request where the user can select the custom tag to filter and display the applications associated with the selected tag 

Application Version:

2020.x and above

Pre - Requisite

The user needs to have Role_Admin Sav Role in order to set up configs in Global configuration. The end user should have access to ARS module and submit requests for Applications. The application should be requestable

Solution:

Saviynt has the ability to create a custom tag for filtering Applications during Request submission.

There is a config at Admin --> Global Configuration --> Tag Search Field for Endpoints which defines the field that will be used for tag search. The values can be between CustomProperty1 and CustomProperty45 belonging to an endpoint. 

ParitaSavla_0-1678232915304.png

The value added to CustomProperty1 as per the above snippet across all endpoints can be used as a Tag in the Tag Search Field available in the Request New Access Screen. The Tag Search Field is used in combination with the Global Search in order to display results. 

ParitaSavla_0-1678833506505.png

The Tag Search Field will list down a list of all the tags that are available across different endpoints. Example: there are 4 endpoints for which the tag search field has "Finance" added and then there are 3 endpoints for which "AppTest" is added in the tag search field. In this case the Search field should display two values "Finance" and "AppTest".

You can even add multiple values for an endpoint to be used as a Tag. These values have to be comma separated. Example:  An Application can have Tag Value as "AppTest,Servers,Finance". In this case the UI will display AppTest, Servers and Finance as 3 different tags in the UI search. Also, when you select any one of these 3 filters, it will display this Application in the result. 

Comments
sk
All-Star
All-Star

If I add multiple tags as comma separated on particular endpoint will it work? If I select anyone tag or multiple tags?

When we suggested the same it didn't work. See the post: https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/enabling-tag-based-search-using-multiple-values/m-...

Can you please confirm the same?

sk
All-Star
All-Star

I just personally validated this, Observed below two things

1. Enterprise Roles are showing even though they don't have tags or doesn't match with tag filter
  2. If I select two tags which are a comma separated values of an endpoint it is not just showing that particular endpoint instead it is showing everything that matches the selected filters (like OR condition instead of AND) expected highlighted endpoint when I select two tags instead everything that matches both filters showed up, Is this it is expected behaviour?

sk_0-1678912441494.png

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@sk were you able to get resolution for the above issue?

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

@Rishi As discussed over call, this is not working  v23.6 also

• It only show on dropdown button
  • upon clicking on tag it does not work.
Version history
Last update:
‎03/15/2023 12:49 PM
Updated by:
Contributors