Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.
100% helpful (1/1)
RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Question

We are building connectivity to on premise Exchange Servers via WIN PS connectors and Saviynt app as per standard Saviynt documentation.

While we do have LB in front of Exchange instances to achieve loadbalancing and High Availability. However the following queries are with respect to HA of Saviynt WIN PS and Saviynt APP itself.

a) If we build 2 WIN PS and Saviynt APP (windows VMs) one per DC in Active Passive mode, how does failover occur between them? Is there a Saviynt Product out of box configuration or feature that can failover to passive when active instance of WIN PS goes down? I cant find this information in the documentation.

In other words- if we an active WIN PS Instance and one passive WIN PS instance , how can we configure automatic failover using the product configurations and without needing to develop custom automatic failover.

Answer

Currently Saviynt Product not having any out of box configuration or feature that can failover to passive when active instance of WIN PS goes down.

Comments
AG
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

If we do not have a LB/VIP for the SaviyntApp servers, how can I configure 2 WS urls in the connection. I tried separating it with a comma ',' like we do for AD urls but that is not working.

Any idea how to handle w/o a LB? 

Version history
Last update:
‎02/27/2023 08:42 PM
Updated by:
Contributors